European Adventures | Le Musée du Louvre

 The inside of the Louvre is just as awe inspiring as the outside. It is full of masterpieces by artists from all parts of the world, time periods, and walks of life. It's not something to be overlooked on a trip to Paris (especially since it's free for students in the EU). 
My favorite pieces were the statues. I can't imagine making a rock go from a rock to something so human. There is so much detail and life in all of the statues and they have survived centuries. It's just... wow.
Winged Victory of Samothrace - by Pythokritos of Lindos
The Dying Slave - by Michelangelo
Psyche Revived by Cupid's Kiss - by Antonio Canova  
Melpomene - artist unknown


The Great Sphinx of Tanis 

Paris was my last stop on my European adventure this summer, so this is my last post of cool, not American things. Thanks for coming on this adventure and living my dreams with me.
This experience has been life changing (& scary, amazing, and unbelievable). 

I wouldn't trade it for the world, especially since it gave me more of the world.

- Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment