Into The Wilds

This week my family and I visited The Wilds.
The Wilds is a private, non-profit conservation center near(ish) Columbus, OH dedicated to preserving species of animals and the environment as a whole. They know how important everything on our planet is and they want to educate visitors on what amazing things are out there and a bit about how we can help in conservation as well.

Can you spot the zebras?
The last time I visited The Wilds was when I was younger, but I've been wanting to come back for a while. I wasn't too sure that I would have as much fun as I used to, but I was wrong. This is such a great place and it made me a bit nostalgic about the fun times we all had here as kids. (Remember that time the bison blocked the road?)
There are so many cool species of animals that live in this conservation area. Some are endangered,  some are threatened, and some are just hanging out. The animals seem to really love it here and they love the attention. 
Here's what happened when the paparazzi showed up:

The onagers were unimpressed. 

The catfish pretended they're never fed.

The giraffes posed like the perfect modeling creatures they are.

*heart eyes*

The ostriches won the award for 'Most Aggressive.'

The rhinos couldn't have cared less.

The camels prepared for their close-ups.
It was an eventful day, to say the least.

If you want to see it in moving picture form (aka video... why am I a grandma) you can check out my dad's youtube video here
There may or may not be embarrassing footage of me (in this video and on this channel (please don't look at his other videos)), but I will admit I haven't watched the whole thing, so I don't know for sure. 

I'm impressed that I managed to take (read: crop) so many photos without poo. Woo!
You're welcome.

- Jess

2 comments:

  1. This place looks so magical, it's so great that they teach others how to protect our planet and its animals! Your pictures also came out lovely, it makes us feel like we're there right now!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you ever find yourself near Columbus, or in Ohio, you should check this place out.

      Delete