European Adventures | Paris pt. 1


I spent last weekend in the beautiful city of Paris.
I've never been so in awe of anything, ever.
Everything about Paris, from the architecture to the style to the food is perfect. Even the weather was perfect, which I hear is a rarity.
For as long as I can remember I have dreamed of visiting Paris; France and french culture has always fascinated me. This whole experience, studying abroad and seeing foreign countries, is a dream come true. I got to see all of these monuments that don't actually seem real until you see them up close. It's an incredible feeling to be able to touch these famous monuments that you've only ever seen in pictures.
I didn't get to see everything that I wanted to while I was in Paris, but I did get to see a lot (I'll be going back to see the rest)! I don't want to make one massive post, so I've decided to divide my Paris experience into multiple posts.

Bienvenue à Paris!

This view cost 6€, but it's the best 6€ I've ever spent.
The first sign that I was actually in the real city of Paris: Notre Dame

Jacket: H&M
Dress: Hémisphère
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Purse: New Look

I had to find St. Denis. His name is an important one. 
L'obélisque de Louxor 
Sacré Cœur
I found my favorite view of Paris from the panoramic dome at the top of Sacré Cœur. You pay a couple of euros and you can spend as much time as you want looking at Paris from above. The second photo of this post was taken there.
The inside of the church is amazing as well. You aren't allowed to take photos (I'll admit that I snuck one, but I won't be posting it here), but it's not a sight to miss when coming to the city.
More than just being beautiful, I found that Sacré Cœur is a place full of faith. I never felt connected to others because we share a religion until I stepped through these doors. There's something about seeing how much detail and dedication those who built this place of worship that makes me realize how much God meant to them. This structure has stood here for centuries and people from all over the world have come together and prayed here; it's not just a tourist's destination.
I felt that I finally understood why religion is such a big part of so people's lives. It's a way to connect and feel like something bigger. It was a bit of an emotional morning.


A view I'll never forget.
Paris was amazing for the few days that I was there. I can't wait to go back and discover what else it has to offer.
Stay tuned for Paris pt. 2 (and potentially pt. 3, I took a lot of pictures).

- Jess


0 comments:

Post a Comment